From a woman I know:
"I just read your latest Zonemaven, and with a shiver remembered my 'house' back in 1985.Six of us shared a house (read 'dump unfit for a family') on High Street just near Laurel Park. We five girls were college students plus our favorite bouncer/bartender who lived downstairs (read 'back porch/unfinished basement'). As you can imagine we had lots of company, some of whom mentioned the frequent aroma of natural gas. I guess I was desensitized to it by living there and never noticed a thing.
Two months after we moved out the house blew up and burned to the ground due to a natural gas explosion. Fortunately no one was living there at the time.
Will nothing will be done about the rooming-house problem until such an event kills a bunch of kids?