|A Robust Inspection of This Burned Rental Would Have Saved This Landlord Time and Money|
3. Enhances Communication between the City and Landlords – Understanding one’s rights and responsibilities may be difficult for new landlords. This program will make city resources and support more accessible. Some examples are:
- Listing of landlord rights and responsibilities,
- Standards for rental property health and safety,
- Identification of unsafe conditions,
- Assistance of licensed inspectors with professional knowledge about health and safety standards in buildings,
- Coordinated access to community development non-profits and HUD programs to help low-income landlords in need of assistance.